Here you will find information about the licensing process for alcoholic drinks in the state of New York.

No matter what type of business you would like to open, if you will be dealing with alcoholic drinks, chances are you will need a New York liquor license. Even something as simple as transporting alcohol will require a license. There are many license types, each with its own privileges and restrictions. It is therefore a good idea to get familiar with the type of licenses that will be needed for this process.

As always, please consult one of our experts before starting the process.

Basic Licensing Categories

Here is a list of basic beer, wine or liquor license categories. This will give you the basics of what is required in most situations. Because of rules imposed by the state of New York as well as local municipalities, the type of license you need might change from the basic categories presented. However, this article should give you a basic idea of the most popular categories.